Wednesday 15 January 2020

PEACE CELEBRATION

This year we have chosen this beautiful and inspiring song interpreted by the New Zealand musician Dave Dobbyn to celebrate Peace Day at school to highlight the idea of peace, acceptance and integration of foreigners in our territories and make them feel at home
Here is the lyrics for you to sing it!!

Welcome Home


Tonight I am feeling for you
Under the state of a strange land
You have sacrificed much to be here
There for the grace as I offer my hand

Welcome home, I bid you welcome, I bid you welcome
Welcome home, from the bottom of my heart

Out here on the edge
The empire is fading by the day
And the world is so weary in war
Maybe we'll find that new way

Welcome home, see I made a space for you now
Welcome home, from the bottom of our hearts
Welcome home, from the bottom of our hearts

Keep it coming now, keep it coming now
You'll find most of us here with our hearts wide open
Keep it coming now, keep it coming on
Keep it coming on, keep it coming on

There's a woman with her hands trembling – “Haere Mai
And she sings with a mountain's memory – “Haere Mai”
There's a cloud the full length of these isles
Just playing chase with the sun
And it's black and it's white and it's wild
All the colours are one

So welcome home, I bid you welcome, I bid you welcome
Welcome home,  see I made a space for you now
Welcome home, from the bottom of our hearts
From the bottom of our hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment